Best New Zealand Real Money Online Casinos
Best New Zealand Real Money Online Casinos 2022. New Zealand is popular for some of the world’s greatest landscapes and views. The country has a lot to offer for both locals and tourists alike, including online gambling.
When it comes to gambling, New Zealand has a few options on offer, but there are generally limitations when it comes to land-based casino options. Governmental authorities prohibit quite a large number of gambling activities, but this does not mean you can’t place your bets or take a chance at a slot machine if you do your research.
Guide to the Best Online Casinos in New Zealand 2022
By turning to online casinos, it becomes easy to participate in legal gambling activities when residing in New Zealand. On this page, we’ll be sharing our guide to help you find the best online casino that allows you to win real money in New Zealand.
Our goal is not only to help you find the New Zealand best online casino but also to keep your safety in mind. All of the information and casinos we share can be used legally by anyone who lives in New Zealand, given that you meet the minimum age requirements.
New Zealand allows you to play casino games on the internet if the online casino company is established in a different country. This can make things a bit confusing when looking at New Zealand online casino games.
Due to these regulations, you will find many companies promoting their gambling services and platform to individuals who reside in New Zealand. While this means you have a greater selection of casinos to choose from, it also creates confusion.
How do you know which of these casinos will be the right one for you? In addition to considering one that meets your basic gambling needs, you also have to consider factors like game variation, credibility and payout methods.
When asking, “is there a casino in New Zealand” it is important to look at licencing. This is because licenced online casinos are reputable, and have to adhere to standards and local regulations. Individuals residing in New Zealand can also look at the best Canadian online casinos if they are unable to find a local licenced platform.
Our guide aims to reduce this confusion and give you a place to start your research. By informing our readers, we here at Viabonus strive to promote responsible and safe online gambling, no matter your country of origin. With a bit of help, it is our hope that you will have the ability to determine which online casinos are worth your time.
What Are The Best New Zealand Casino Online Options?
While many platforms are available for New Zealanders who are interested in online gambling, some tend to be more trusted and offer better services than others. After a significant amount of research and considering various factors related to each platform, we’ve come to the conclusion that the following are currently the top options for New Zealand.
- Wheelz Casino: An online casino that features a convenient Games Lobby. The casino frequently offers free spins, as well as deposit bonuses. One thing that attracts many to Wheelz Casino is the fact that David Hasselhoff recently became the “face” behind the digital gambling platform. Tournaments and customized rewards further add to the value offered by Wheelz Casino.
- Wildz Casino: New Zealanders who prefer a wider variety of games can also look at Wildz Casino. There are third-party associations that frequently verify the games and information provided by the casino, which adds to their overall trust rank. The company is licenced in Malta.
- Caxino Casino: The gamification of the system at Caxino Casino is one of the most attractive features. You can level up on your profile, which also grants you greater rewards when playing. The lobby is easy to navigate, and the website gives you access to a 24/7 live chat function.
- Leo Vegas: this casino gives you access to slots, live games, video poker, roulette, blackjack, and scratchcards. The website is available in multiple languages, and the platform provides full support for desktops, tablets, and smartphones. The company behind Leo Vegas also takes extra precautions to ensure data is safely stored.
- Wild Fortune: Wild Fortune has grown significantly in a short while. The mobile-friendly platform allows you to gamble on the go. You get access to both live chat and email support. The platform also has a live casino, as well as almost 2,000 different casino games.
- Rant Casino: A platform that focuses on providing a user-friendly interface with high-quality games. Live chat allows you to get immediate support. The company focuses on providing fast withdrawal and deposit times. Rant Casinos is owned by Gammix Limited Casinos.
How We Review And Rate Online Casinos In New Zealand?
We know, we shouldn’t be able to simply share a couple of websites with you and expect you to take our word for it. We will also be sharing some information about how we came up with this list. We have a team of experts in the gambling industry that assists with the reviewing process. Our experts start by getting a good overview of all gambling websites that are available to people in New Zealand. Once we have this list, we then take a look at a couple of factors to filter out the “bad” options:
The most important part is to ensure the online casino is licenced to provide gambling services to the public. The reason we start with this factor is to ensure the online casino complies with the New Zealand online gambling laws and regulations set out by the governmental authorities within New Zealand. While checking the licencing, we also take note of the operator’s location.
If the operator is situated in New Zealand, then they need to be authorized by the local government. When the operator is in a remote location, they still need to have appropriate licences in their country.
One thing we often notice when looking at a New Zealand casinos list is limitations in terms of payment gateways supported. People tend to have different preferences when it comes to both making a deposit and requesting a withdrawal.
We ensure the casinos we pick are able to offer you access to a versatile range of deposit and withdrawal methods. This way, you have to worry less about signing up for additional payment services if you wish to start playing at an online gambling platform.
Another critical factor that makes an online casino a good option lies in its customer support. Without proper support, you cannot get issues resolved efficiently. Some gambling sites even provide a New Zealand gambling helpline – which makes it easier for local individuals to get support. We take a look at how long the casino takes to get back to the user, as well as the specific support channels they offer.
Every online casino has a specific set of minimums when it comes to making deposits, taking advantage of a bonus, requesting a withdrawal, and sometimes even when placing bets. Some people do not want to risk too much when they get started with an online casino. We ensure casinos do not have high minimums that would increase your risk of losses.
We believe that gambling can be fun, but everyone needs to be responsible. A game of chance can lead to serious losses if you are not careful. With this in mind, we take a look at whether online casinos we review implement any techniques that show they also promote responsible gaming. This helps to add to the overall safety you get when playing online. You can read more about responsible gaming from here
Unbiased Casino Reviews
These are the primary factors that we consider when reviewing online casinos and filtering through the various options that are available. In addition to taking a look at the casino’s official website, we also spend some time taking a look at reviews left by users.
The primary reason for this is that real people provide unbiased reviews and opinions. People are generally also very prone to provide details on any bad experiences they had with an online casino. This allows us to determine which casinos seem to be causing problems among its players – while also identifying the casinos that are truly deserving of a spot on a top list.
This review process is also the reason why Viabonus offers our gamers the chance to leave reviews themselves.
Is Online Gambling Legal in New Zealand?
In most cases, you will find that it is legal to participate in online gambling activities if you reside in New Zealand.
There are, however, a number of restrictions and conditions that you should learn about before you set up an account with an online casino. According to the official Department of Internal Affairs, any gambling activity that is not authorized under a specific act is considered illegal. This specifically refers to the Gambling Act 2003, as well as a number of additional restrictions on remote interactions, advertisements, and prizes. Individuals who are uncertain should consider requesting assistance from a New Zealand gambling commission.
Best Online Mobile Casinos In New Zealand
There are different types of casinos that you can choose from when playing online in New Zealand. One particular factor that you should keep in mind is the platforms the casino supports.
You will find that there is a majority of casinos that only work on desktop computers. These platforms usually allow you to visit a specific URL on your preferred web browser. You then sign in to your account and can start playing. While these are convenient, you should note that it limits your ability to play your favourite casino games when you are on the go. Many people want to continue enjoying their online casino account, even while travelling – or perhaps during your lunch break at work.
With this in mind, it is important to consider platforms that give you access to a mobile application.
In some cases, the platform may not have a specific app, but the website is designed to work flawlessly on mobile devices. When the platform does have an app, you should consider compatibility.
The majority of mobile casinos will have both an iOS and an Android app. This, however, is not always the case. If you have an Apple iPhone, make sure the casino offers an app that works on iOS. The same goes for cases where you have an Android device.
There are a few things that you should look at when you consider signing up at an online mobile casino in New Zealand. Apart from the factors we discussed previously, also look at these elements:
- Game variation: You will find that some online casinos have limitations in terms of games you can play when downloading their mobile application. Make sure the games you enjoy playing are available on the mobile app. If you will be using the mobile app most of the time, download it and check the game variation before you decide to sign up or make your first deposit.
- Navigation: The fact that a casino has a mobile-friendly website does not necessarily mean it will be easy to use the platform on a smartphone. Make sure you take a closer look at the navigation system used on either the mobile-friendly website or the smartphone app. The platform should be easy to navigate on your mobile device.
- Quality and Functions: Another factor to take into account is the overall quality and functionality of the mobile platform. You want to avoid a casino that has an app that freezes up constantly. This can have a significant impact on your experience. Ensure the app also runs well on your smartphone with no issues – such as incorrect scaling or slow loading times.
Casino Bonuses In New Zealand
Apart from considering the type of casino, as well as the features we described, there is one additional matter we want to address.
When signing up for a new account at an online casino, you will often be presented with a “casino bonus”. In fact, you can even use a bonus comparison site to determine where you can get these bonuses. There are several New Zealand casino bonuses that you can take advantage of – but it is important to understand how they work and the terms related to using such a bonus.
Skrill casinos often also offer additional bonuses if you have a Skrill account – you may need to click a link directly from your Skrill dashboard to take advantage of such an offer.
Before you begin, make sure to understand the New Zealand gambling regulation and law. There are certain gifts and awards that are now allowed for individuals that live in the country. If you find a bonus offer on a casino comparison site, then the reviewers will usually have kept this in mind.
Next, understand that there are different kinds of casino bonuses. Some of these offers tend to be more advantageous than others. We share a few details about the types of casino bonuses below:
- Deposit bonus: These bonuses apply to a deposit you make on the platform. They are some of the most popular options, and a majority of casinos offer this type of bonus. In most cases, you’ll get a match on the deposit you make. For example, a 100% deposit bonus would double your money. You should note that deposit bonuses often only account for the very first deposit you make on your account. Sometimes, however, companies may run such promotions for existing users too – but there are usually specific terms that you need to understand
- Welcome bonus: The majority of online casinos will give you access to a welcome bonus. You’ll find that this is often provided in the form of a deposit bonus – where they award you extra spins or money in your account when you deposit funds for the first time.
- No deposit bonus: Something that is less common and also more restrictive is a no deposit bonus. These bonuses are given to you without the need to make a deposit before you can use them. The majority of casinos will give you free spins that you can use. These spins are generally compatible with slot games but may not give you a chance to try a live casino.
These are the main bonuses you’ll be offered when looking for the best New Zealand online casinos. Make sure you comply with the New Zealand gambling age – as failure to do so may cause problems with your account, as well as the bonus you were offered by the casino.
Gambling is a popular and fun activity in New Zealand, but finding the right online casino can be challenging. New Zealand gambling laws do allow people to use online casinos as long as the operator is non-domestic.
Here at Viabonus we work hard to ensure our readers have the most up to date information regarding local licensing, as new online casino offers. It is our mission to keep our readers informed so they can make safe and responsible decisions while gambling online.
In this guide, we’ve shared some useful information to help you understand what you should look for if you are interested in gambling online in New Zealand. We also provided the information you need to ensure you choose a safe New Zealand online casino, minimizing your risks and maximizing your enjoyment.
FAQ - Real Money Casino Games New Zealand
FAQ – Most Frequently Asked Questions; New Zealand
While there are physical locations in New Zealand that allow you to gamble, online casinos are only now starting to become more clear in their restrictions.
At the moment in New Zealand, it is legal to participate in online gambling given that the website you use is not domestic.
In cases where the website’s operators are domestic, the company needs to be authorized by the local government.
When it comes to online casinos, trust is something that is earned over several years. Since you are trusting a website with not only your money but also your card details – you need to ensure they will not turn out to be a scam.
The most effective way of determining whether a specific online platform is trusted would be to look at user reviews. Make sure you consider reviews from real people. This way, you’ll be able to determine whether or not it is the most trusted and best casino New Zealand allows you to legally play on.
Our recommended list of casinos is a good place to start.
It can be tough to determine the overall safety of an online casino, especially since you likely need to look for offshore options when playing online in New Zealand.
Similar to trust, you can turn to reviews to determine whether a specific casino is safe. Avoid casinos that had data leakages in the past. Make sure the casino has a valid SSL certificate on its website. You should also ensure the website uses trusted payment providers – as you will need to enter your personal data when making a deposit or requesting a withdrawal.
Since you’ll need to look for casinos operated by remote companies, you will find that there is a large selection of payment methods you can use when gambling online.
There is no single payment method that is superior to the others. You rather need to consider your preferences. A large number of individuals prefer to use their credit or debit card when making a deposit, but withdrawal options to these may be limited. Skrill is a very popular payment option as well, which allows you to make deposits and request withdrawals.
Other payment methods generally include Click2Pay, Instant Banking, UKash, Neteller, and Paysafecard. If you prefer bonuses, then utilize a bonus finder to help you identify the best options. This allows you to find casino bonus options that have been vetted by professionals.